By Sophie Shekhavtsova
Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal. Here are some easy to make recipes for quick breakfasts to help you boost your energy and stay strong to all study day.
*prices are taken from Morrisson's https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/startWebshop.do
Chia Pudding (v/vg)
Usually, students don’t have much time to have breakfasts - do we? But here we have a very easy solution of this problem- Chia Pudding! 3 steps, 1 night, and your breakfast is healthy and delicious.
For 1 portion you will need:
4 spoons of Chia seeds (2 pounds)
½ glass of Cow Milk (90p)
½ glass of Coconut milk (1 pound)
1 spoon of Sugar (70p)
So, to make a wonderful breakfast you have to:
1. Pour cow milk and coconut milk
Tip: For a vegan version you can use just coconut or almond milk; Also if you are not vegan and you don’t have the coconut milk, you can just use 1 cup of cow milk and the taste will stay the same.
2. Add a spoon of sugar. Stir and add Chia seeds. Stir for 3-4 minutes, until the mass begins to thicken.
3. Leave overnight in the fridge
Voila and your breakfast is ready to eat! Just take it out of the fridge, add some toppings if you want and enjoy! As toppings I would suggest berries (especially good in combo with raspberries and blueberries) or mango.
Stay healthy and enjoy your meals!
Ham and cheese omelette in the microwave
This breakfast idea is a real saviour for all sleepy students. Take your time in the morning as you need just a couple of minutes to cook your breakfast!
You will need:
2 eggs (Morrisons Free Range Eggs Extra Large 6 per pack - 1.30p)
1 tablespoon of milk (90p)
a small piece of cheese (Morrisons Mild Cheddar 10 Slices 250g - 2 pounds)
a few salad onions (55p) or parsley (70p) (you can use any other greens)
a small piece of ham (Morrisons Honey Cured Ham- 1 pound)
ground black pepper
1.Break the eggs into a mug.
2. Pour in the milk and mix.
3. Add coarsely grated cheese, chopped herbs and chopped ham.
4. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
5. Microwave at full power for 2 minutes.
3 to 5 minutes of your morning and you are healthy and strong for the rest of the day!
Carrot and apple gluten free muffins (v)
Easy and delicious muffins, that will be a great accompaniment to your morning beverage!
You will need:
4 medium carrots (40p for 400g pack)
4 medium apples (1,30 pounds for 6-apples pack)
¾ of a glass of Cornflour (75p)
¾ of a glass of Oats (1,20 pounds)
¾ of a glass of Almond flour (1,60 pounds)
1 teaspoon of baking soda (1,15 pounds)
1 teaspoon of baking powder (1,15 pounds)
2 eggs (1,30 pounds for 6 eggs pack)
¾ of a glass of milk (80p for 1.136L)
Some dried berries (I like strawberries or cranberries(1,25 pounds for 80g)
If you have a sweet tooth you can also add:
maple syrup (or any other syrups you like)
Steps for an easy and healthy sweet beginning of your day:
1. Peel and finely grate apples and carrots. To be honest, out of laziness, I just grind the ingredients in a blender.
Hint: Start preheating the oven to 170 degrees Celsius
2. In a bowl mix all your flour and oats, add baking soda and baking powder.
3. Then add some vanilla, as you like, and some sugar. If you are making a sweeter version, in this step add your chosen syrup.
4. Add eggs, milk and stir your dough slowly, simultaneously adding your dried berries, stir dough thoroughly until it’s smooth.
5. If you like cinnamon, nutmeg or Indian spice - add spices in this step. (Using cinnamon you will get a great combo because the main ingredients are carrots and apples)
6. Now fill your molds for baking with your delicious dough. REMEMBER!: molds should be filled with ¾ , as the muffins in the oven will rise.
7. Put the baking molds in the oven preheated to 170 degrees Celsius and bake for 15-20 minutes
Tip: to know when your muffins are ready- pierce the middle with the tip of a knife and if the knife is clean, then they are ready, but if at the end of the knife you can see some dough- keep muffins in the oven for another 5 minutes
Ta-daa! Your delicious breakfast is ready ! Enjoy with milk, coffee or tea! Have a great day!
Photo credit: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwidgJPK8YDmAhV85eAKHT6TCg8QjB16BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffoodandwine.ie%2Fchia-seed-pudding-with-winter-berries-and-pomegranate&psig=AOvVaw28fPCt9O4vgTp_ffHssjNo&ust=1574617375045209